We welcome your help, your ideas, your skills, and your resources as we work to create change in East New York. There are many ways to get involved on every level--check out the list below of ten ways that you can get involved.
Have an idea that's not on the list? Contact us!
Want to stay in touch? Join our email list
Ten Ways You Can Get Involved with East New York Farms!
1.Work on our farm. We host Open Volunteer Days at the UCC Youth Farm the 1st and 3rd Saturdays from April to October, 10AM-2PM. Come get your hands dirty and learn about gardening!
2. Shop at our markets. Get nutritious affordable foods and homemade crafts while supporting our local economy. Saturdays July – Nov at New Lots & Schenck and Wednesdays July – Oct at New Lots & Georgia.
3. Bring us your “green” trash. We try to keep leaves and fruit & vegetable scraps out of landfills by collecting them and turning them into nutritious soil for our farm.
4. Join a garden. East New York has over 60 gardens, more than any other neighborhood in NYC. We can help you get a garden plot and learn how to grow organic vegetables for yourself and for market. You can join a garden even if you don’t want your own plot, to help keep our gardens beautiful and well-used.
5. Do a cooking demonstration. At our market, or WIC and senior centers, cooking demos are a great way to get people excited about fresh food and better health.
6. Join our CSA Farm Share Program. Support a local organic farmer while getting discounted seasonal vegetables from June to November.
7. Sell at our market. You can sell your home-grown vegetables, food, crafts, and more, while helping us grow our local economy.
8. Apply to be a youth intern. If you are between 13 and 15 years old, you can work with us in a 9-month internship. Applications are available during January and February.
9. Donate to us. Donations of any size help us to keep our good work going.
10. Attend our meetings. Our meetings are the first Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:30pm at United Community Centers and are open to anyone. Come find out more about what we do.